Crawl Space Flooding Cleanup
Causes of Crawl Space Flooding
- Clean water pipe break
- Freezing pipe break
- Sewage drain line burst or leakage
- Pooling of water outside of the crawl space from rain, ice, or snow melt
- Sprinkler water coming through crawl space vents
- A naturally-occurring high groundwater table (due to crawl space sump pump failure)
- Incorrectly directed gutter downspouts
- Too frequent watering of plants
The crawl space is the low area that building contractors often put below the first floor of a home or building so people can have access to the necessary wiring and plumbing of the structure. While a crawl space is useful for workers, standing water can sometimes build up in the area and cause a multitude of problems, such as a damp crawl space or a crawl space with water damage. When this happens, a professional water damage company focusing in crawl space cleaning should be called immediately for crawl space clean up and drying out a crawl space.
Crawl Space Water Damage
Water or dampness in the crawl space area has the potential to cause extensive crawl space water damage, structural problems, and health concerns. If your home has a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) duct system in the crawlspace and it becomes affected by crawl space moisture, each use of the HVAC it can spew unhealthy air into your home or business. The moisture can increase mold growth in the air and create unhealthy particles, which can be harmful to breathe. This is why it is important to clean the crawl space of any water damage.
Further, crawl space water damage can also provide an area for mold to grow and spread to living and working areas. It can get worse as the sub-floors will buckle and warp under the humidity the water causes. Lastly, should a sewer line in your crawl space rupture, the raw sewage that gets released into the crawl space can cause horrible odors in the living space of a home, as well as possible health concerns from taking in sewer gas.
Dry Out Systems of Alaska specializes in all types of crawlspace clean-up procedures. Our Certified Technicians are on call 24/7, 365 days a year, equipped to handle any loss in your home or business.
Our Flooded Crawl Space Clean Up Services Include:
- Direct Insurance Company Billing
- 30 minute average response time
- 24 hour emergency water pump out services
- Complete structural drying and dehumidification
- Sanitizing and deodorization
- 24 hour emergency sewage pump out services
- Sewage clean-up and remediation
- Crawl Space mold removal
- Soda blasting
- Crawl Space vapor barrier replacement
- Complete repairs after cleaning crawl space is completed
- 3rd party testing (to guarantee remediation efforts were successful)
- IICRC , ACAC and AMIAQ Certified